This program describes critical developments in trademarks, branding in the sea change moment of cultural appropriation, and its impact on changing brands, images, trade dress in sports, fashion, art, theatre, games, statuary, architecture, merchandise, naming rights of private and public buildings, law schools, sculptures, and public places. The presentation includes trademark case law and potential impact of other federal laws, sports and museum organization policies, corporate sponsorship, and merchandising. Visual examples to illustrate points are part of live recording.
This course is co-sponsored with myLawCLE.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Trademark and Cultural Appropriation [CA], including SCOTUS cases, disparagement clauses, unresolved Title 15 issues
- Branding and Marketing and Merchandising, Look and Feel Trade Dress and CA Issues
- Sports, theatre, arts and entertainment organization policy changes and CA
Date / Time: February 11, 2022
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Eastern
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Central
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Mountain
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Pacific
Darraby on Art Law
25th Anniversary, 2021 Edition
Details and Publisher Discount for myLawCLE registered for course here
*Book sold separately
Choose a format:
• Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program "live" in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for "live" CLE credit.
• On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 5 business days after the original recording date and are viewable for up to one year.