Legal outsourcing is used by 79 percent of law firms and 71 percent of corporate law departments (according to a 2021 Thomson Reuters study). By outsourcing and offshoring at rates of $20/hour, associates and junior partners spend more of their time reviewing and managing work typically done by junior associates and paralegals. The practice also grows profits, especially when combined with flat-fee billing. This CLE will walk through the necessary safeguards that firms need to obtain these benefits without taking on malpractice exposure.
This course is co-sponsored with myLawCLE.
Key topics to be discussed:
- How the ABA and state bar associations have applied ethical rules in the context of outsourcing legal services
- What practical steps law firms should take when outsourcing
- How to choose between providers of outsourced legal services
- What savings and efficiencies can be obtained by outsourcing legal work
Date / Time: February 28, 2022
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Eastern
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Central
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Mountain
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Pacific
Choose a format:
Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program "live" in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for "live" CLE credit.
On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 5 business days after the original recording date and are viewable for up to one year.