On November 20, 2020, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a Final Rule related to the Medicare Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark Law). Nearly simultaneously, the Office of the Inspector General, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS-OIG), released a Final Rule, which amends various safe harbors to the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS). The changes appear to be based, in large part, on value-based healthcare delivery and payment systems. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the Medicare 2021 Physician Fee Schedule, these important areas of healthcare law need to be appreciated in conjunction with one another. The purpose of this webinar, which is Part I of a two-part series, is to highlight the key changes, along with the similarities and differences in the language between the two Final Rules, as well as providing context in relation to COVID-19 and the new 2021 Physician Fee Schedule
This course is co-sponsored with myLawCLE.
Key topics to be discussed:
• Changes to the Stark Law
• Changes to the Anti-kickback Statute
• Value based purchasing
Date / Time: December 21, 2020
• 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Eastern
• 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Central
• 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Mountain
• 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Pacific
Choose a format:
• Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program "live" in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for "live" CLE credit.
• On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 5 business days after the original recording date and are view-able for up to one year.
Closed-captioning available upon request