Designed for attorneys who already practice in state court, this presentation deals with why litigating in federal court is desirable or not, common pitfalls for one new to federal court, and the many new procedural issues one finds there.
This course is co-sponsored with myLawCLE.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Getting Into and Out of Federal Court: Why or Why Not? Jurisdictional Issues and Procedure
- How Federal Court Is different from State Court: Jury Selection, Judges, Discovery
- How Federal Court Is Different from State Court: Motion Practice, Trial, Appeal
- Recent Developments in Federal Court Practice
Date / Time: June 30, 2022
- 2:00 pm – 4:10 pm Eastern
- 1:00 pm – 3:10 pm Central
- 12:00 pm – 2:10 pm Mountain
- 11:00 am – 1:10 pm Pacific
Choose a format:
Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch the Program "live" in real-time, must sign-in and watch the program on the date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for "live" CLE credit.
On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via the on-demand library and watch the program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 5 business days after the original recording date and are viewable for up to one year.