Terms & Conditions
USING OUR SERVICES
Your access and use of our Services is subject to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), and you agree to follow all conditions of these Terms when using our Services. You will not use our Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights of our Services or content you access. You may only use the content from our Services for your own personal educational use. In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, reminders, and other information. We are constantly improving our Services and we may add or remove functionality or features. We may also stop or suspend providing Services or add or create new limits to your Services at any time.
Part of the Services offered are continuing legal education, and in no instance are we providing legal advice. The content of our Services has been prepared as a service to our users and is not intended to constitute legal advice. If you require legal advice you should consult with a qualified attorney. We have used reasonable efforts in providing quality information and material, but we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, adequacy, or currency of the information contained in our Services. We do not endorse any viewpoints or materials contained within our Services. All viewpoints are solely those of the presenter.
Opting Out of Renewal.
You may opt out of renewing your subscription by phone or email at least 10 business days before the renewal date. If you do not let us know that you want to terminate your subscription at least 10 business days prior to the end of the current subscription period, the payment for the renewal period of the subscription will be processed.
myLawCLE guarantees to provide proof of credit for at least the minimum credits necessary for you to be compliant with your primary practice state.
There is no limit to the number of classes you can take.
REPORTING OF CREDITS. myLawCLE reports course completions to the necessary state regulatory body in participating states. You are ultimately responsible for assuring that all credit hours are properly reported. If your credits are not properly reported you agree to contact us so we can re-report your credit hours.
myLawCLE Media. This website is owned and operated by myLawCLE, LLC (“myLawCLE”), a Florida limited liability company.
TRADEMARKS. All myLawCLE brands and trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are subject to the intellectual property rights of myLawCLE and neither they nor any confusingly similar versions may be used by you including (but not limited to) as part of any trademarks and/or domain names without our prior written consent.
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT. Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including, but not limited to, articles, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and audio clips that are part of the website (collectively, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and owned, controlled or licensed by Us or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the website.
PROHIBITED USE OF CONTENT. Unless We have a greed in writing to the contrary you agree that you will not use the website, any Forum (defined below) and/or any of the Content:
- in conjunction with any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process that enables you to monitor or copy the Web pages or the Content;
- on any other website or networked computer environment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise);
- to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services or those of any third party;
- to solicit other guests or users of the website to join or become members of any commercial online or offline service or other organization;
- by transmitting or re-circulating it to any third party (otherwise than by use of a hyperlink in accordance with the “Linking” paragraph below);
- in any way that involves removing copyright or trademark notice(s)
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or which is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, or which may restrict or inhibit the use of the website and/or any of the Content by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- to disseminate any material which does or may bring myLawCLE or any of its brands into dispute or in any way damage their reputation;
- to disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data; or
- to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
The following provision applies to all visitors (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of a kind that crawls, indexes, scrapes, copies, stores or transmits digital content).
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT(“DMCA”) NOTICE. Materials may be made available via the Web Service by third parties not within our control. We are under no obligation to, and do not, scan content used in connection with the Web Service for the inclusion of illegal or impermissible content. However, We respect the copyright interests of others. It is Our policy not to permit materials known by us to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on the Web Service. If you believe any materials on the Web Service infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that at a minimum contains:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification,a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All DMCA notices should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
Attn: Eric L. Bolves, Esq.
2110 E. Robinson St. Orlando, FL 32803
Email: [email protected]
It is Our policy to terminate relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
USAGE BY CHILDREN UNDER 13. The website is directed to adults and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We cannot prohibit minors from visiting the website so We must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising children under 13 to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to view and/or purchase. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. This requirement will be posted wherever we collect data within the website, such as during the registration process.
COURSE EXPIRATION DATES. Due to the different rules and guidelines for each state governing MCLE requirements, certain courses will expire at different times. To be sure that you are taking courses before their expiration dates, please check the course page. The rules state that you must apply for credit with the CLE governing body for your state on or before the date of expiration. We are not responsible for any actions taken against the lawyer for failure to complete required CLE credits on time because of an expiration issue.
Accuracy of Information; Products, Content and Specifications. We attempt to ensure that information provided on or in connection with the Site or Services is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, such information may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Accordingly, we make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of such information, including all descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on the Site or Services. Such information is also subject to change at any time without notice. Descriptions and images of, and references to, third-party products or services available in connection with the Site or Services do not imply MYLAWCLE’s endorsement of such third-party products or services. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on the Site or Services at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from the Site or in connection with the Services. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner.
DISCLAIMER. THE CONTENT IN THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, myLawCLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. myLawCLE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WHILST myLawCLE ENDEAVOURS TO ENSURE THAT THE WEBSITE IS NORMALLY AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY, IT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IF FOR ANY REASON THE WEBSITE IS UNAVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FOR ANY PERIOD. ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY AND WITHOUT NOTICE IN THE CASE OF SYSTEM FAILURE, MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR OR FOR ANY OTHER REASONABLE CAUSE. myLawCLE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY,RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT myLawCLE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL myLawCLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE,THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF myLawCLE MEDIA OR AN myLawCLE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL myLawCLE TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE.
OTHER PRODUCTS. Any reference made by the website to any specific commercial product, process, or service (or provider of such product, process or service) by trade name, trademark, hyperlink, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Us. Content on the website may be provided by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, users or others, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of myLawCLE.
LINKS FROM OTHER WEBSITES. You may link to any page of the website subject to the following conditions:
- you do not replicate the home page of the website;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the website;
- you only link to freely available Content (and not link to any Content that is only made to users with a username and password);
- you do not in any way imply any endorsement by myLawCLE other than with its written consent or misrepresent your relationship with myLawCLE;
- you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on the website without the express written permission of myLawCLE;
- the linking website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Site and Services Information. We provide users of the Site and/or Services with access to certain content and services related to continuing legal education, which may include, without limitation: (a) seminar registration; (b) live streaming media (e.g., webcasts and groupcasts) and on-demand streaming media; (c) downloadable audio and video courses; (d) simulated testing software; (e) downloadable presentation materials; (f) downloadable publications; (g) blogs; and (h) transcripts (such content and services also part of the “Services”).
The quality (e.g., the resolution) of streaming content, as well as the download speed of downloadable content, may be affected by a variety of factors such as your location, the content being streamed or downloaded and the speed of your Internet connection. PLI makes no representation or warranty regarding access to content available through the Site or in connection with Services, including the quality of streaming content and the download speed of downloadable content.
ABOUT THESE TERMS. We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to our Services at any time to reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services, provided that existing users are given notice of the changes and are allowed to approve or decline acceptance of the new terms. Declining acceptance of the new terms could cause you to lose access to the site. Changes will not apply retroactively.
If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control that conflict.
If any of these Terms should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Terms shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).